Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Introduction and Educational Outlook





Hey my name is Corina. I am a bright 20 year old with the world ahead of me. I am a very smart kind out going person with a good head on my shoulders. I love to be with family and friends and there is never a dull moment in my life. I have a very big family and I have learned a lot in my life. I try to always have a smile on my face and I do my best to put a smile on somebody elses face.



Ever since I started babysitting when I was in seventh grade I knew that I loved being around kids. It's a tough job, but there a so many benefits to it all in the end. To me children make every bad day into to better one. They are so precious and although tough to handle, they really something special.
When it comes to my education I am proud to say that I am a junior at Salem State College. I just transferred here and I have already been to two other colleges. Salem state is by far my favorite. I am studying to become a teacher. My major is Elementary Education and I can not wait to work with little kids. Although I don't have a minor yet, I do know that I want to go in to the Special Ed department. When I was in elementary school all the way to high school, I was in my special ed program. I have a learning disability in reading, math, and it is a lot harder for me when it comes to taking tests. This made me face a lot of challenges but I was able to get threw it all with the help of a few of my special ed teachers. I admire them for everything they have done for me. They really have made me open up as a person and I've learned to be more confident when it comes to school and learning. I want to be able to help little children with learning disabilities and let them know that know matter what, nothing can stand in their way. I want to encourage them to not let their disabilities overcome them, and I want to be there for them because I think that's what they really deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment